“ACCORDING TO JIM O’NEIL FROM GOLDMAN SACHS, INDONESIA HAS RAPIDLY BECOME A “MIST” ECONOMY. WHILE WELL KNOWN FOR HIS CREATIVE YET POIGNANT ACRONYMS, JIM’S CLASSIFICATION OF INDONESIA’S ECONOMY RINGS TRUE WITH THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WITNESS TO THIS SPECTACULAR GROWTH OVER THE PAST THREE YEARS’
We have identified the key drivers into investing in Indonesia and the success of the tourism industry in the region as the following:
1. GDP forecast for 2013 5.9 %
2. Population base of 250 million people (median age 28.2 years) “The Fourth” most populated country in the world.
3. One of the fastest growing middle-class segments which has helped transform the consumer market.
4. A stable government still experiencing the problems of inherent corruption but addressing and moving forward.
5. A government that has earmarked $44 billion for infrastructure pr
6. 122 million people traveled domestically in 2010 and 7.65 million international arrivals.
7. Conservative fiscal management.
8. Moody’s upgrade to invest status.